News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Weekend Race Report

Started by Butch Kummer, July 08, 2017, 06:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Quote from: millstreet on July 12, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
Sat PM in car from white GT3 Porsche - watch Longo lurking in the rearview mirror  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnEDkU_ecs

Andy

Interesting that both the Viper driver and our host in the Porsche pass the white Mustang (shortly) after the FCY comes out. The Mustang driver does have his hand out the window as the Porsche goes by, but was he acknowledging the FCY or waving the Porsche by? I do see where he only finished 8 laps vs 10 for the overall winner, but did he come in because of a mechanical issue or because he was pissed about being passed (twice) under the FCY?

I didn't hear anything afterward about this, but then I wasn't really paying attention to non-V8RRS drivers. I also don't know how the PVGP organizers handle protests, but if I was the Mustang driver and I had NOT waved anyone around, paper would have been filed after the event.

To paraphrase from my favorite movie ever (Top Gun), "the rules of engagement exist for your safety and for that of your team." We need to pay attention to the flags!!!
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

millstreet

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on July 13, 2017, 07:28:52 AM
Makes perfect sense now! He was eating me alive out there.    :o

start faster, like 55-60 mph, that'll put him at the bottom of 2nd gear  ;)

Andy
04 GT2

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: millstreet on July 13, 2017, 09:58:01 AM

Andy

Thumbs up!!!!!
41 GTA

cfgill

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on July 13, 2017, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: millstreet on July 13, 2017, 09:58:01 AM

Andy

Thumbs up!!!!!

I'll have to remember that if he starts next to me :)
Chris Gill

millstreet

Sunday race video from Tyler's car;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDYu7KsvLs

he and Randy were battling it out

Andy
04 GT2

mkelley

I have never seen anyone shift that fast. Incredible 

ARowland

Well... you know he is the current V8 Road Racing Series  GTA World Champion.
Lewis Hamilton should take notes!

Al

mkelley

What kind of trans and shifter is he running???

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: mkelley on July 15, 2017, 08:11:36 AM
What kind of trans and shifter is he running???

Thanks for the compliment!
It's a T101 and a Long Shifter. Keep in mind though, this is the 3rd rebuild on that gearbox in as many years (11 total race weekends) and the shifter itself was just rebuilt by G-Force (Had maybe 5 total race weekends on it) as they told me it was shimmed wrong. I'm hoping that was the problem, along with a weak setback plate and missing/loose bolts. 
Chris Durbin (aka stick947) was over hanging out with us Friday night at Pitt, and his suggestion was to put a 500# Silverback gorilla in my car to test stuff. If he didn't break it, we would put a banana sticker on that part and then it would be ok for me to drive.......
41 GTA

mkelley

Thanks Tyler again great job shifting!! Am going to show all the local guys your video..

Tyler Wilson

Sounds good.
I still need to drive the car faster, notice #25 is out front.
Watch a couple of his videos (millstreet), in my opinion he's like a cardiothoracic surgeon out there, perfectly placing every gear where it belongs. I tried what he's doing, it wasn't working for me.
41 GTA

stick947

Mustang I was chasing overcooked T17 was riding the rim, I got cleanly under him and up the hill to the front he hooked my LR with his RF turned me around across pit in and up the grass almost to the catch fence and took himself out in the process hitting the inside Armco.  I was a little more than pissed off so I came in cause I didn't know what was damaged.  Turns out it was just a 'rub' in stock car lingo but I didn't know that.  Already pounded out and ready for majors this weekend at NJMP.  However, after watching the video, I got even more pissed off since I left the guy a car width and a half.  I'm calm now.   But to contrast, Andy and I were nose to tail for like 8 laps on Saturday and never touched, good hard racing doesn't have to mean body hammers are involved.  Always a pleasure seeing my non-door slammer friends, would run 3 wide with any of you any day.

Tyler Wilson

Did the Mustang guy come talk to you at all after the race?
41 GTA

flyinwrenchz

Robert's says one word TALIBAN! :))
Keep the shiny side up!

Butch Kummer

Quote from: flyinwrenchz on July 19, 2017, 07:35:05 PM
Robert's says one word TALIBAN! :))

I understand I'm easily confused (and/or don't understand Buffalo humor), but WHAT?!?  ???
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA