News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Race

Started by DavidMelley, March 31, 2017, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler Wilson

Andy
Can I get an intern from your IT department to call me and help me through the process of getting my cars' picture in with the registration? It's kinda cool man.
Thanks
Later
41 GTA

millstreet

gotta go here; https://www.motorsportreg.com/

then once you're logged in, click on my account (upper right on the home page)

they walk you through it pretty well, you'll need a picture of you and your car in your computer

IT team
04 GT2

millstreet

Quote from: DavidMelley on April 04, 2017, 10:02:57 PM
Sweet car is finished looking forward to meeting you guys.

R U signed up?

Andy
04 GT2

millstreet

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on June 11, 2017, 08:57:16 PM
Andy
Can I get an intern from your IT department to call me and help me through the process of getting my cars' picture in with the registration? It's kinda cool man.
Thanks
Later

looking good
04 GT2

Tyler Wilson

Had a great weekend at Summit Point. I wish more folks were racing this weekend so they could have experienced it.
Andy - my camera quit after a couple laps because the card was full. We will need to rely on you (as usual) for the video.
I'm putting a 64 MB in the GoPro next time.....
41 GTA

millstreet

Great racing, and a LOT of wrenching this weekend, details to follow.
Videos turned out good, just gotta get them to youtube, stay tuned  8)

Andy
04 GT2

cfgill

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on June 19, 2017, 12:10:11 AM

I think you want a 4 GB
Chris Gill

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: cfgill on June 19, 2017, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: Tyler Wilson on June 19, 2017, 12:10:11 AM

I think you want a 4 GB

I just looked, I had a 3GB card in, and it was full after a sprint race and a couple laps Sunday. I have a 64GB card that I forgot at home. I meant GB not MB.........  GB MB KG Mbps LBS, I don't really know what I mean!!
41 GTA

millstreet

Lots o fun at Summit Point,
Sat AM qualifying found our bonehead driver trying to win on lap 2 (good video to follow)
The trusty steed looked a little worse for wear after bouncing off the tire wall exiting turn 10

fortunately, no structural damage, just the driver's pride and lots of body work.  With out Mark Mercurio and crew, we were done for the weekend. With their help, and that of Willie Mullins/Dina - Wayne Lofland, we were back on track, and on the pole for the Sat PM race.

During;

Crunch time ('bout 10 minutes before the race);

Looking good after the Sat PM race;

Andy
04 GT2

Butch Kummer

"Looking good" being a relative term (not that I'm one to say anything)...  :P

Apparently our cast of thousands in attendance were unable to recruit any new members, so it ended up being Andy, Tyler, and Chris finishing 1-2-3 in GTA each day. I did "watch" Saturday's race on RaceMonitor, and it looked like a helluva race between Andy & Tyler for first overall with the gap at the checkers being about half a second.

On to PittRace in three weeks...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

millstreet

Quote from: Butch Kummer on June 20, 2017, 01:19:57 PM
"Looking good" being a relative term (not that I'm one to say anything)...  :P

Apparently our cast of thousands in attendance were unable to recruit any new members, so it ended up being Andy, Tyler, and Chris finishing 1-2-3 in GTA each day. I did "watch" Saturday's race on RaceMonitor, and it looked like a helluva race between Andy & Tyler for first overall with the gap at the checkers being about half a second.

On to PittRace in three weeks...

Great racing between Tyler and I both days.  Sunday race, Tyler got the jump on the start, I was able to outbrake him going into turn 1, and lead for 3/4 of the race.  Tyler made a slick pass on me going into turn 5 and started walking away.  One lap later, he overcooked turn 9, and went landscaping.  Being a farmer, Tyler had no problem handling the car on the turf, but I was able to motor on by and hang on for the win  8)

Chris Gill put on some fresh rubber for Sunday's race, cutting 3 seconds off his Saturday best lap time, however, motor issues shortened his day.

Sunday podium;

Andy
04 GT2

cfgill

Quote from: millstreet on June 20, 2017, 02:37:22 PM
[Chris Gill put on some fresh rubber for Sunday's race, cutting 3 seconds off his Saturday best lap time, however, motor issues shortened his day.

Andy

Ops by cfgill, on Flickr
Chris Gill

Butch Kummer

Ouch!!!   :(

It's been awhile since I've built an engine, but I'm pretty sure that's not the way you want to lighten the valve train...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

cfgill

It should be ok, the valve seat did not get hit.

2017-06-21_08-46-58 by cfgill, on Flickr

The valve found a nice place to sit and rest without going through the motor.

Bent valve by cfgill, on Flickr
Chris Gill

Tyler Wilson

41 GTA