News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Who is going to be there?

Started by vern smith, December 14, 2016, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vern smith

Sebring, being a Majors, already has more than 300 signed up and will probably come close to 400 by the 12th. Currently there are twelve GT2 entries so all you GTA guys will have a lot of competition. I would like to set up a designated paddock area as we did for a lot of the 2016 season but this place presents some unique problems. Sebring has a lot of lovely dead flat concrete to paddock on (it was built in the early 1940's as an advanced pilot training base for the 8th Air Force). Unfortunately, the shore power outlets are scarce and free. Since NASCAR purchased the track I suspect this deficiency will be rectified and it will no longer be free.

Since the event begins on Friday Sebring will have a test day on Thursday. Assuming they do what they did for the late November SARRC event the test day will open up for registration Thursday morning at five AM. There are a lot of cars running the Majors that are maintained and transported by pro outfits so thay will be front and center at five AM Thursday morning and first into the track. In case you are wondering why I've subjected you to this information dump it is to explain to you why our paddock area will not have shore power available. If shore power is a must for you be within the first thirty guys in line Thursday morning at five.

It would be nice to have some kind of social gathering assuming enough V8RRS Member plan on attending which is one of the reasons I started this topic.

The information I posted for last years race regarding local motels, restaurants etc. is archived on the forum so please look at it. The weather in south central Florida in January is a hell of a lot better than most anywhere else on the east coast but expect morning temps in the fifties. It's usually 75 at noon.

Jarod Lovett
Lee Arnold
Vern Smith
Randy Walker
Butch Kummer
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

Butch Kummer

Quote from: vern smith on December 14, 2016, 10:47:39 PM
Sebring, being a Majors, already has more than 300 signed up and will probably come close to 400 by the 12th. Currently there are twelve GT2 entries so all you GTA guys will have a lot of competition.

Vern - I believe you're looking at the 2016 event. As of this morning my computer is showing 173 total entries for this coming year (2017), 16 of which are in the Big Noise group.
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

vern smith

Yep, looks that way. As you said, DLB is not what one would call intuitive, especially when you're too dumb to look at the year  :)
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

stick947

I'm signed up, trying to get there for Thursday to test since I've never been.  Excited about hitting a bucket list track.

flyinwrenchz

Good luck all have fun!! I'll be here playing in the snow.
Keep the shiny side up!

vern smith

Mark,

I would think you and Amy would be prime candidates for the Homestead/Sebring back to back races in January 2018   ;)