News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Weekend Report

Started by Butch Kummer, July 08, 2016, 08:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick947

flyinwrenchz

I guess that pretty much sums up the race right there! That is some pretty sweet driving by all three. As far as I'm concerned that could have been a pro race I just watched, had me on the edge of my seat and I was there in person. Sweet video and great race! Could be the new V8RRS series intro video come race with us. As some have already mentioned I'd like to add as well the Pitt facilities are top notch the people loved are racing and the fans were all talking about the race as they were walking away. More then one steward commented on how fantastic of a show we put on and welcomed us to come back next year! They even made quick work of the schedule on Friday so everyone got an extra unplanned practice session, not many tracks or series would do that. As we were loading Tyler's car into the hauler one of the track photographers asked if we could roll it back out onto the lift gate so he could video us pushing it in as a "see you next year" for there website/ Facebook page. fun weekend for sure we really do race with some fun people and great drivers!
Keep the shiny side up!

vern smith

Bummer, I missed a good weekend  >:(  Great comments by the participants and a video from the perfect position. Amazing, the last time Randy Walker looped it was 2002.

Chris, who's video/data logger equipment are you using? My 15 year old CDS took a dump and I need a replacement. Yours looks like a nice one. Is your engine an overhear cam set up, you are running some serious RPM
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

flyinwrenchz

The video is from Chris Durbin's Mustang :)

Thanks, Vern   :)
Keep the shiny side up!

flyinwrenchz

Also and where were you Vern, you were the first to sign up and seemed to be pushing the event the most? Then all of a sudden no show?
Keep the shiny side up!

vern smith

My high paying job is to "push the event(s)"
My toe vehicle is not yet ready for prime time
My car is in the middle of one of my never ending, minimally effective and time consuming beyond expectations improvements.
I did Sebring 500 mile RT, NOLA 1,600 mile RT, Atlanta 1,800 mile RT, Daytona 800 mile RT this year with God as my copilot.
I plan on making Charlotte 2000 mile RT and VIR 2200 mile RT.
Keep in mind I live as far sough as you can go in Florida before you fall into the Everglades, It takes me 6 hours to get to the FL/GA border   :)   Also, I'm old as dirt.

I'll try to do better in the future  :-[
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

millstreet

Quote from: vern smith on July 11, 2016, 09:15:32 PM
My high paying job is to "push the event(s)"
My toe vehicle is not yet ready for prime time
My car is in the middle of one of my never ending, minimally effective and time consuming beyond expectations improvements.
I did Sebring 500 mile RT, NOLA 1,600 mile RT, Atlanta 1,800 mile RT, Daytona 800 mile RT this year with God as my copilot.
I plan on making Charlotte 2000 mile RT and VIR 2200 mile RT.
Keep in mind I live as far sough as you can go in Florida before you fall into the Everglades, It takes me 6 hours to get to the FL/GA border   :)   Also, I'm old as dirt.

I'll try to do better in the future  :-[

that's funny  :)  well said Vern
04 GT2

stick947

Thanks Vern. 

The camera is an AiM smarty cam and it syncs with the dash to overlay the engine data.  I'm still learning as this Boss is new to me.  That race was my 6th session all time but her and I getting along ok so far.  It's an overhead cam motor, redline is up around 8500.   It feels unnatural spinning a v8 that high as I'm used to an LS and she'd have let go in two laps doing that.  It's funny I started out shifting at 6 where I usually do the LS and it was a dog.  Doesn't make that nice down low torque and feels sluggish until you twist it up.

Had a great time playing with you all.  Let's do it again sometime.

millstreet

Chris Durbin's (aka Stick947) T1 Mustang;

Andy
04 GT2

millstreet

Cool scenes from the weekend;

Andy

04 GT2

Butch Kummer

Just to follow up, this morning I sent a note to the event organizers, Bill Haus and Ken Murin. Here's the response from Ken:

"Butch,

You're welcome.

Thank you and your group for attending our event. We look forward to working with you next year and we would love to have more of your group attend. Your race was exciting and a real crowd pleaser.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Ken Murin"
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: stick947 on July 11, 2016, 07:00:20 PM
Front row seat in 3..2..1

https://vimeo.com/174245791

Wow! Chris, that is a great video!
I got the chills a few times watching it.
Great driving out there Chris (stick947)
41 GTA

stick947

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on July 12, 2016, 11:31:33 AM
Quote from: stick947 on July 11, 2016, 07:00:20 PM
Front row seat in 3..2..1

https://vimeo.com/174245791

Wow! Chris, that is a great video!
I got the chills a few times watching it.
Great driving out there Chris (stick947)

TY Sir.   Not too shabby yourself.

millstreet

another good view of the Sunday race, poor guy got Hinkled pretty bad the first couple laps :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-myUCkma5m4

Andy
04 GT2

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: millstreet on July 13, 2016, 06:04:14 AM
another good view of the Sunday race, poor guy got Hinkled pretty bad the first couple laps :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-myUCkma5m4

Andy

Another great video, thought the excitement was over but near the end it comes back. Great view of the track, he looked like he was pretty comfortable, he was able to adjust his arm band through corners!
41 GTA