News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Free tires for PittRace Attendees

Started by KeithO, June 26, 2016, 07:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithO

I have 28 tires that were given to me by a guy that has retired from the K&N/Hooters Cup Series.  He said he had always been interested in my progress as a driver years ago and once he found out that I bought a stock car, he said he wanted me to have these.  Most of them are heat cycled and a few are stickers.

I believe these are radial tires and as you can see they are BF Goodrich tires sized 26.5 x 10 x 15.

I am willing to give away up to 22 of these tires to those attending the PittRace event.

They have been kept in my basement which is temperature and humidity (45%) controlled in a room that has no windows and is rarely used or accessed.

I have no idea how good these are but I plan to try them if I ever make it to an event where I can actually wear out my current tires (hasn't happened for quite a while). 

I will not be bringing them to the track unless someone calls "dibs" because hauling them in and out of the basement is a PITA.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-H6JYGUZcNd0/V2_GSC9NnlI/AAAAAAAAAB8/AToDM2BqmZYZXgnA1pK-PCS4xQCQUlGugCL0B/w863-h647-no/IMG_0158.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KXDhb53Qg2s/V2_GUI4hLOI/AAAAAAAAACE/uUQ90WaIFeUHwgOAJk_p_V5UOQlRKcSWgCL0B/w863-h647-no/IMG_0160.JPG

moespeeds

There is an old timer in his 70's that is at the bar I frequent pretty much every night after I'm done in my shop. This gentleman's name is Teddy. He is a retired cop and a NASCAR nut. He owns 2 Late Model cars (Busch series?) that look to be retired school or NASCAR experience cars. He runs them around his yard in the dirt every once in awhile, but mostly they are just for show and he talks about them constantly. Anyway, the tires on his cars are dry rotted and I was going to give him some of my takeoffs. If nobody lays claim to any of these, could you bring out 2 sets for Teddy? Don't bring stickers, these would be going on what amounts to a show car.

KeithO

I would be glad to bring 8 tires for Teddy.

14 tires still available.

flyinwrenchz

K&N series uses Goodyear Bias ply. Only the three top series in Nascar use radials. Not that it matters the man is giving away free tires that doesn't happen often!
Keep the shiny side up!