News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Even MORE Info About the Event!

Started by Butch Kummer, June 25, 2016, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

For those planning to attend the July 8-10 V8RRS weekend at PittRace, a few things have come up that are different than our "normal" events:

•   When registering you can pay online but you'll still need to print off and send in a paper entry form: http://www.pvgp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2016-PVGP-Racer-Application.pdf
•   Make sure and specify "V8RRS" or "V8 Road Racing Series" in the section where you list the last three events in which you've competed.
•   Although you cannot get an SCCA Full Competition license without submitting a medical form signed by a physician, you'll still need to submit a copy of that form with your entry.
•   According to their website (http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/pvgp-historic-races/rules-regulations-pitt-race/), racing fuel WILL be available at the track.  From the PittRace website, they offer Sunoco 90, 93, and 100-octane unleaded as well as 110-octane leaded.
•   As of this writing (6/25), they have NOT been able to find a tire vendor willing to service the event.  Although that may change, it'd be best to have your tires ready before you show up.
•   There was some question about support vehicles having to be licensed, but that pertains to the drivers of those vehicles not the vehicles themselves.  This is intended to keep kids (and Moe!) from operating said vehicles in an unsafe manner and apparently is standard for all PittRace events.

I believe that's everything that's come up in the last couple of weeks, but if you have other questions let me know and I'll get an answer.

Hope to see y'all there...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

moespeeds

I am fully licensed to operate a pit vehicle, though not at all responsible. Looks like I'll have to go get another medical, as I'm sure I lost that along with my license. Will I get by without a logbook?

KeithO

I think the model they are using for the medical is this -

Butch Kummer

Quote from: moespeeds on June 25, 2016, 11:43:17 PM
I am fully licensed to operate a pit vehicle, though not at all responsible. Looks like I'll have to go get another medical, as I'm sure I lost that along with my license. Will I get by without a logbook?

The Creighton's will be there Wednesday evening and Jim should be able to issue a log book for you. Look for the motorhome with the white tiger on the back (I think he said he's got spot #8 but does not have written confirmation from the track).
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

KeithO

Just a comment in case it is interesting -

I see that Jim and Kathy Stoudt are in our race group.  They are the owners of the track.  They both have nicely prepared Viper Comp Coupes.