News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Who's Gonna Be There?

Started by Butch Kummer, April 15, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Those of you who have already registered may have gotten the following notice:

= = = = =

In order to operate any motorized vehicle on the facility you must have a state issued license.

This includes ATVs and motorized bikes and scooters.

If you're found operating a motorized vehicles, we have the right confiscate the vehicle.

= = = = =

I verified that means the OPERATOR must be licensed, not the vehicle. Apparently this wording is part of all PittRace events in an attempt to keep kids from joy-riding around the facility.

At this time it is also uncertain if there will be a tire vendor attending, so it will behoove you to have your weekend's tires ready to go before you get to the track,
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

moespeeds

I'm thinking to go down Wed and do the Thursday open track to get my bearings, then just spend Friday tweaking and getting the car ready for the sat race. Anyone else coming in Wed? Where are you guys staying?

millstreet

i sent the check (and all the other stuff) in today,
should be good to go for Thursday night arrival, 
Friday tech and practice
Sat - Sun race days  :)

Andy

04 GT2

Butch Kummer

Quote from: moespeeds on June 28, 2016, 12:44:25 AM
I'm thinking to go down Wed and do the Thursday open track to get my bearings, then just spend Friday tweaking and getting the car ready for the sat race. Anyone else coming in Wed? Where are you guys staying?

I'll be leaving Atlanta Thursday afternoon and expect to get to the track sometime Friday morning. I haven't gotten a reservation yet, but last year I stayed at the Cranberry exit about 10-15 miles east of the track - lots of options there.
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

moespeeds

I'm out for Pittrace. Broke the lower shaft in the rear Sunday. Could only get a gundrilled lower shaft right away, so there's no way I'd get the car back together in time to get there Friday. Instead I booked a trip to Yellowstone next week. Wish you all the best, hope the weather holds out. Keith, obviously I won't be there to pick up those tires, but thank you for the offer.

Moe

flyinwrenchz

Keep the shiny side up!

KeithO

I plan to take my car to the track tomorrow at some point during the day.

moespeeds - sorry for the bad luck. 

All - if I thought it made sense to try to stake out a "Stock Car" paddock area I would do it.  However, with the number of cars coming I don't see how this could work.  In fact, since they have to reserve such a large area for spectator parking, I am curious to see how the paddock situation works out.

Also, if anyone needs help with accommodations, let me know.  Cranberry is a good area with lots of options (east, one exit down the PA Turnpike from the track) and there are a few others along I376.  E-mail should be reliable at kgorawiec@yahoo.com

See you all on Friday.