News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Who's Gonna Be There?

Started by Butch Kummer, April 15, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Have told me they're planning on going:
. Mark Mercurio, GT1
. Ricky Sanders, GT1
. Randy Walker, GTA
. Vern Smith, GTA
. Andy Trought, GTA
. Chris Gill, GTA
. Moe Colontonio, GTA
. Butch Kummer, GTA
. David Sanders, T1

I'll keep the list updated for those who want to see who else will be there before deciding one way or the other...  :)
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

Tyler Wilson

Butch,
My plan is Mid Ohio in June, then Road America in July and The Glen in September.
Can't swing Pitt.
41 GTA

dinahmarie

I am trying to talk Willie into going to this one.  Might bring out the 55 Ford Fairlane.  Seems like the perfect race for that car.

flyinwrenchz

DO IT!!!  He'll be the only one that fits in with the theme for the weekend. By the way why would you have to talk him into racing usually the other way around?
Keep the shiny side up!

cfgill

We better start signing up or they are going to think we are not coming.

http://www.pvgp.org/historic-race-groups/
Chris Gill

KeithO

51% sure I will drive.

90% sure I will be at the track. 

Butch Kummer

Quote from: cfgill on June 08, 2016, 08:43:27 PM
We better start signing up or they are going to think we are not coming.

http://www.pvgp.org/historic-race-groups/

Yes we need to start signing up (and I'll send out a reminder to our distribution list soon), but the list above is from 2015. Many/most of the BMWs will be moved to their own run group in 2016.

I'm still hoping we'll have 10-15 V8RRS drivers attending.
Butch Kummer

cfgill

"but the list above is from 2015." They get me every time with the last years thingy.
Chris Gill

vern smith

A word to the wise.  Please double check with the Pitt track folks that your entry was received and if you want to reserve a space with shore power do it immediately. I reserved a space for myself and Randy Walker the end of March with a confirmation email from them. He called them on Tuesday and they had no record of it. It was easily fixed with the usual left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing excuse but these guys are obviously new to the game.
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

moespeeds

Anyone doing the Friday practice? I'll be there. At the moment I have no race license, as I physically lost it and SCCA is not being all that helpful. SJ region says they will re-issue me a novice permit, which is fine with me, but the guys up top must approve that and I have yet to get any response from them.

Butch Kummer

Quote from: moespeeds on June 17, 2016, 11:28:29 AM
Anyone doing the Friday practice? I'll be there. At the moment I have no race license, as I physically lost it and SCCA is not being all that helpful. SJ region says they will re-issue me a novice permit, which is fine with me, but the guys up top must approve that and I have yet to get any response from them.

I'll send you an email, Moe, and I don't know you're talking to at "SCCA" (regional, divisional, or National personnel) but get with Toni Creighton to expedite any licensing issues.
Butch Kummer

vern smith

Unless the weather looks really bad I will be there Friday. I don't learn new tracks as fast as I used to, matter of fact, I should probably get there Monday  :)
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

Butch Kummer

And just to clarify, the two Friday sessions are part of the event entry fee. If you want to do extra testing on Thursday, that is an additional fee.
Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

Link to event entries (we're Group 2): http://www.pvgp.org/historic-race-groups/

I also just realized (for those of you who actually pay taxes  ::) ) that your entry fee is tax-deductible.

See y'all there...
Butch Kummer

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: Butch Kummer on June 22, 2016, 03:53:42 PM
Link to event entries (we're Group 2): http://www.pvgp.org/historic-race-groups/

I also just realized (for those of you who actually pay taxes  ::) ) that your entry fee is tax-deductible.

See y'all there...

I was excited to see the entry fee is tax-deductible!
I sent my registration in yesterday. I guess the registration process isn't that bad, all I had to include was my passport, credit history, driving record, license, medical waiver, balance sheet, cash flow statement, last 3 years tax returns, birth certificate and a copy of my social security card .........          :D ;D :))
41 GTA