News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

General Information

Started by cfgill, December 15, 2015, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeithO

I just registered as a driver.  I look forward to meeting you guys.

Maybe my car will actually run, too, which I am viewing as a bonus at this point!

moespeeds

I will be there to race, but I can't register until I get this license straightened out which should be any day now. I'm doing the Friday practice for sure, and I spoke to Mike Longo today and he will also be there with his ASA car. Do we get 2 or 4 practice sessions on Friday?

KeithO

Full weekend schedule here:
http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/pvgp-historic-races/schedule/

According to the information here, our race group gets 2 sessions on Friday.

FWIW, I received an e-mail from the track saying that if you attend an event earlier in the week, you could participate in sessions where you could get a license for the races.  I didn't read it closely and deleted it so I don't know the details.

Could be a backup plan for the licensing?

millstreet

according to the schedule, tech inspection is Thur and Fri only.  ???
I wasn't planning on the practice, but it appears I'll need to be there Friday PM before 4PM.
maybe I'll head out Thursday night and do the tech and practice on Friday

Andy
04 GT2

Tyler Wilson

Quote from: millstreet on June 28, 2016, 06:01:52 AM
I wasn't planning on the practice, but it appears I'll need to be there Friday PM before 4PM.

Andy

There is a tech inspection? Even if we've already had our yearly SCCA tech, there is an additional one for the car?
41 GTA

Butch Kummer

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on July 03, 2016, 10:37:33 AM
Quote from: millstreet on June 28, 2016, 06:01:52 AM

Andy

There is a tech inspection? Even if we've already had our yearly SCCA tech, there is an additional one for the car?

Remember that this is not an SCCA event, which is why the medical is needed since it's not explicitly mentioned on our SCCA licenses. I would assume our SCCA log books with a current annual tech would satisfy their inspectors, but since he's been there before perhaps Keith O can tell us for sure.
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

KeithO

I haven't run this in three years, but yes I am pretty sure you will be asked to bring your car, helmet, etc. to a tech garage for a tech inspection.  This can be confirmed at registration.