News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Who's Gonna Be There?

Started by Butch Kummer, April 15, 2016, 03:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Early registration closes at midnight on Tuesday, Aug 9, but there are now thirteen cars in the Big Bore group (most of whom are V8RRS members).

Updated as of August 6:
. Dainton Brooks, AS
. Ricky Sanders, GT1
. Mark Mercurio, in Tyler's GTA car but running for GT1 points
. Mike Attaway, GT2
. Randy Walker, GTA
. Vern Smith, GTA
. Butch Kummer, GTA
. Steve Magowen, GTA
. Bobby Reuse, GTA
. Roger Reuse, GTA
. Larry Hoophaugh, GTSC
. Carl "Bubba" Bussard, GTSC
. John Finger, GTSC
. ? ? ?

I'll keep the list updated for those who want to see who else will be there before deciding one way or the other...  :)
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

flyinwrenchz

Its a ways off but our plan is to be there.
Keep the shiny side up!

vern smith

I still plan on being there unless they bar me at the gate due to my last memorable appearance   :)
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

vern smith

There will soon be postings about garage reservations and such for the Charlotte race. All of this will make more sense if you have a map. I learned the hard way that the garages most easily accessed, and parked close to, are the Sprint cup garages. As i understand ten of these have been reserved for the V8RRS fellows so reserve one of these ten ASAP.

Here is the contact to reserve a garage.  seckerich@att.net

http://whiteroseeng.com/Av8rrs/716/charlottetrackmap.pdf
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

Scott Broadfield

Working on getting car 37 ready.  Barring any unforeseen setbacks, we will be there.

Scott Broadfield

Dumb question to follow, but how do you register for this event?  I have looked all around the Central Carolina Region SCCA site with no luck and the SCCA main site just loops back to CCR.  What am I missing?

Butch Kummer

I've sent a note to the event organizers asking when (and where) registration will open. I'll post links to that info along here when they respond.
Butch Kummer

Scott Broadfield

Good, I''m not behind on that at least.

Thanks.

Scott Broadfield

I just inadvertently prompted them to open registration by asking about garage space and he sent me this -

Here is  link to  CCR Daylight into Dark SARRC/SECS/CCPS/ECR:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2016-daylight-into-dark-secs-sarrc-ecr-ccps-charlotte-lowes-motorspeedway-441525

And link to CCR Daylight into Dark TT/PDX

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2016-daylight-into-dark-time-trial-pdx-charlotte-lowes-motorspeedway-scca-660675

Butch Kummer

First post updated to reflect those signed up as of August 2 - this could end up being the biggest V8RRS event yet!
Butch Kummer

flyinwrenchz

Sorry think I'm gonna skip out.  :(
Keep the shiny side up!

Butch Kummer

Heard from Mark last night that Amy's informed him he's going!!!  :P

List updated as of August 6...
Butch Kummer

Scott Broadfield

Parts, money and time all ran out so I couldn't make it.  Hope you guys all have good days on the speedway.

millstreet

Quote from: Scott Broadfield on August 13, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
Parts, money and time all ran out so I couldn't make it.  Hope you guys all have good days on the speedway.

from initial reports, sounds like a good thing you (and I ;)) didn't make it

Andy
04 GT2