News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Who's Gonna Be There?

Started by Butch Kummer, April 15, 2016, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Have told me they're planning on going:
. Mark Mercurio, GT1
. Tyler Wilson, GTA
. Chris Gill, GTA
. Butch Kummer, GTA
. ? ? ?

I'll keep the list updated for those who want to see who else will be there before deciding one way or the other...  :)
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

flyinwrenchz

So since this ones next up. Who's in? I am out unless a miracle occurs and I can get my motor back together I'll be at the track just without the car. Pretty sure Chris Gill is out. Butch said he'll be there minus his car. So as of now it looks like Tyler is going to steal all the points. This is an iconic track can't believe no one is going to make the trip.
Keep the shiny side up!

Tyler Wilson

This one is close for me (6.5 hours) and a bucket list track.
My wife, father in law and the kids are going too!
41 GTA

cfgill

Ya I'm out.
I have a fair amount of maintenance to do to get to the Fun One. Trans again, diff is slipping so I have to send that out and I may even re scale it, put some shocks on it and run through the front end to make sure it don't fall apart. :)
Chris Gill

flyinwrenchz

C'mon Chris with your crack crew that's like two maybe three nights work for you guys.  ;D
Keep the shiny side up!

Tyler Wilson

Butch,
Stick that motor in your car so there is at least someone else there from V8RRS!
Our name is on the supps!
41 GTA

Butch Kummer

Quote from: Tyler Wilson on July 23, 2016, 07:14:09 PM
Butch,
Stick that motor in your car so there is at least someone else there from V8RRS!
Our name is on the supps!

According to the engine builder, it will not be ready until at least Wednesday. Seems like there were a couple of TransAm teams in the queue in front of me...  :)
Butch Kummer

Tyler Wilson

41 GTA

Butch Kummer

Lee Schwartz of Flowtech Engines in Asheville NC. He does engines for Claudio Burtin, Joe Freda and Jim McAleese in TransAm, plus (at least) Dillon Machavern and Lawrence Loshak in TA2. When my employment status was questionable I asked him to hold off getting started on mine so a couple of others took my place in line.

Should be ready in time for us to make Charlotte, WGI, and the Finale' at VIR though...
Butch Kummer

anyonebutme

Don't miss out, this track is epic.  I wish I could get off work to come hang out.  If my car had a logbook newer than 2012 and I knew it was class legal I'd offer a rental.
Chris P.
"no turbo, no care"