News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

MORE General Information (Including Registration Info)

Started by Butch Kummer, March 31, 2016, 01:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

* Early indications are this is shaping up to be a "North Meets South" event prior to the Finale at VIR.
* Registration is paper only (you can pay online): http://www.pvgp.org/entry/
* We are Group 2 - "Modern Historics" - so much of what they are asking is not applicable to our cars.
* The entry fee goes increases from $500 to $550 after June 1.
* The schedule is still a bit fluid, but here's the current version: http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/pvgp-historic-races/schedule/
* I have sent a request to turn Saturday's second qualifying session into a race and will let everyone know when a decision is made on that.  If they choose to keep the schedule the way it is, we'll figure out how to award two sets of points for the weekend without making Sunday a double-points race.
* Given that we have two practice sessions on Friday I will NOT be doing the Thursday test day, but one is available.

More later as the event gets closer...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

vern smith

There is limited shore power available at Pitt, ten 30 amp plug ins. They can be reserved for $25.00 per day. I suggest to do so because there are only 8 left, I reserved two, one for myself and one for Randy Walker. Below is a picture of the track where I have notated the location of the power. Below is contact information for Pitt Track and the person to reserve your plug in with.

Brenda Wisniewski
Accounting Manager

Pittsburgh International Race Complex

www.pittrace.com/
201 Penndale Road
Wampum, PA  16157
724-535-1000 Ext 604
724-740-1046  FAX

The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

Butch Kummer

Because he's that kind of guy Vern sent in his registration information early to sort out any bugs in their registration system. Ends up he got a "thanks but no thanks" reply stating his car was too new and therefore not suitable for the PVGP (so he claims - I really think they want vintage cars instead of vintage drivers!  :) ).

Clearly a miscommunication and we've worked it out, but when you register make sure you let them know you're racing with V8RRS.

As always, let me know if you have questions...
Butch Kummer

Tyler Wilson

Do you guys have your medical forms?
I was thinking since I have an SCCA comp license, that proves I've already been cleared?
Can I just send them a copy of my license?
Thanks
41 GTA

vern smith

I took the safe route and sent them a copy of my most recent SCCA medical form signed by the Dr.  Since I'm so damn old I have to get a physical every year so it was pretty current   ;)
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.

vern smith

I checked the web site and there is not mention of the tire suppliers which is not unusual. Does anyone have any idea what Hoosier franchisee will be busting tires for our race at Pitt?

Butch Kummer

Just heard back on the medical forms (direct quote, complete with typos):

"Since its not noted on their license, they must include a copy of their current medial with their entry form."

And yes, I did point out that you cannot get an SCCA Full Competition license without a current medical.  ???

I've sent another email asking about tire distributors and will report back when I get a response...
Butch Kummer