News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

General Info for WGI

Started by Butch Kummer, November 29, 2016, 04:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

This event is an SCCA Regional and is run in conjunction with Finger Lakes Region SCCA. This is their annual "The Fun One" where they run the full course on Saturday and then the shorter NASCAR configuration on Sunday.
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

millstreet

and 12 cars in our run group already,
including John Hellmers in a stock car (maybe?) 8)

Andy
04 GT2

flyinwrenchz

Keep the shiny side up!

cfgill

Chris Gill

08racing

I am planning to be in the Watkins Glen area this weekend and wanted to stop by and check out the event.  The Watkins Glen schedule shows this weekend as a non-spectator event.  Anyone know if the gates are open to non-competitors to spectate?  I can call the track, but thought someone from this group might know.

Thanks,
Zach

cfgill

Zack,

I think the turn one stands are open to the public but if you want to come into the pits we can get you on a crew list. If there is not enough free ones around I think they are $5 each if we need to add more.
Chris Gill

millstreet

Quote from: cfgill on September 13, 2017, 06:33:58 AM
Andy,
how is the car doing?

the garage floor resembles my life right about now;

between business, moving, and trying to squeeze in some racing, racing is coming up on the short end

Andy

04 GT2

cfgill

Well I should be able to get two wins in for GTA and that will boost my point for WIP V8RRS series championship (and as we know the payout is something like the F1 manufactures title payout) it would be nice  to see some more GTA's there.

But then again I know life can get in the way of racing:)
Chris Gill

08racing

Chris,
Thank you for the information.  That would be awesome if you could add two of us to a crew list.  It would be my Dad and I.  Not sure what other information you need from me, I'll PM my contact info to you.

Thanks,
Zach

Quote from: cfgill on September 13, 2017, 01:44:48 PM
Zack,

I think the turn one stands are open to the public but if you want to come into the pits we can get you on a crew list. If there is not enough free ones around I think they are $5 each if we need to add more.

cfgill

Zack,
I sticky noted your info to my scca license so I don't forget to add you to the list. You have to be there between 7 and 10 am because that is when registration is open ( the Glen has set hour for sign in)
Chris Gill

08racing

Thanks Chris, see you there.

Zach