News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

What Configuration To Run?

Started by Butch Kummer, May 25, 2017, 07:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Cross posted from the "General Racing News" thread, but here's the link to the configuration NASCAR will be using in the fall of 2018:

https://speedsport.com/nascar/monster-nascar-cup/nascar-race-charlottes-roval-2018/

For 2017 Central Carolinas Region leadership is asking if we'd be interested in racing on the NASCAR configuration rather than the one we've run the past two years. Personally I think the extra set of curves (switchbacks) that make up Turns 7-9 of the NASCAR configuration are not needed for our cars and just make the average lap speed slower, but I told Brian Gause (CCR RE) that I'd put it out to y'all.  The only reason I can see to run the NASCAR configuration would be to compare lap times against "real" racers, but I don't need that to know they're faster than we are!   ;D

Bottom line - if you have an opinion regarding which configuration we should use for the August 11-13 "Daylight Into Darkness" event, reply here  and we'll pass your thoughts along to CCR leadership.
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

Butch Kummer

I attended the SEDiv Mid-Year meeting today and got the following information about the Charlotte event:

. They will indeed be using the new NASCAR configuration shown in the video in the post just above this one
. Friday (Aug 11) is a Test Day / PDX
. ALL racing will be done on Saturday (Aug 12)
. There will be a single 15-minute qualifying session in the morning, then two races (I forget the length) following
. Grid spot for Race 1 is determined by the qualifying session, Grid for Race 2 is determined by fast lap in either Q1 or R1
. We will be Group 5 (of six overall)
. As we did last year, those who wish to will be able to rent a NASCAR garage
. I've been told registration will open Monday on MSR - once it's open I'll provide a link

More info later as things progress...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA