News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Registration is Open for the Finale

Started by Butch Kummer, September 07, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Registration is open for the V8RRS 2016 Season Finale at VIR. This will indeed be a "North Meets South" event that will decide many of our class champions for the year.

Link to MSR: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/goblins-test-virginia-international-raceway-scca-north-carolina-993622#.V9Bun5grIdU

Highlights from the event Supps/Schedule:
. If you look at the Paddock Map, we have Area #8 reserved for our use. And though the map appears to indicate otherwise, we have confirmed there are multiple 15 & 30 Amp boxes available in that area so shore power should not be an issue.
. There IS a test day on Friday ($325 and pre-registration is encouraged).
. We are Group 1 and will have our feature race right after Quiet Time (11-12) on Sunday.
. Saturday has a 15-minute Qualifying session, then a 25-minute timed race (Race #1).
. Sunday has an optional 15-minute Qualifying session, then our 16 lap (52 miles) or 45-minute max Feature race.

Details about our Saturday night V8RRS awards party are still being fleshed out and will be distributed soon.

As always, let me know if you have questions and I'll get the answers.

See y'all there...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

moespeeds

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

millstreet

when you sign up for the test day, make sure you read the fine print  ;)

" Drivers are financially responsible for the repair or replacement of any damaged track property."

Andy
04 GT2

moespeeds

That damage waiver is pretty much standard for any track day, also any NASA race day. If I bring a friend along that is only going to hang out in the paddock and spectate, do I need to list them as crew?

Butch Kummer

Quote from: moespeeds on October 09, 2016, 01:57:27 PM
That damage waiver is pretty much standard for any track day, also any NASA race day. If I bring a friend along that is only going to hang out in the paddock and spectate, do I need to list them as crew?

Yes, otherwise they'll have to buy a spectator ticket. Of course the driver is responsible for the actions of her/his crew, so you might want to re-think that!  :)
Butch Kummer

moespeeds

Quote from: Butch Kummer on October 10, 2016, 06:45:32 AM

Yes, otherwise they'll have to buy a spectator ticket. Of course the driver is responsible for the actions of her/his crew, so you might want to re-think that!  :)

Oh wait until you see this one when she drinks! Ok last question, I do not have an annual on the car. Is there anything special I need to do Fri night or Sat morning?

Butch Kummer

Quote from: moespeeds on October 11, 2016, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: Butch Kummer on October 10, 2016, 06:45:32 AM

Oh wait until you see this one when she drinks! Ok last question, I do not have an annual on the car. Is there anything special I need to do Fri night or Sat morning?

One of the many benefits of V8RRS membership is that Jim Creighton (our Series Administrator) has a National Tech license and can issue log books and do Annual Techs. You won't need an Annual to do the test day on Friday, so get with him sometime during the day and he'll handle it for the SCCA portion of the weekend.
Butch Kummer