News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

General Information

Started by cfgill, December 15, 2015, 09:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfgill

This is "The Fun One" where they run the long course on Saturday then the shorter NASCAR configuration on Sunday.

This event will be run in conjunction with Finger Lakes Region SCCA.
Chris Gill

Butch Kummer

•   Links to event  info and registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/fun-one-watkins-glen-intl-scca-finger-lakes-734342#.V6JCG7grIdU
•   This event is unique because they run Race #1 on the 3.4-mile full course and Race #2 on the 2.5-mile NASCAR course - you can compare your lap times to the Xfinity and Cup cars!
•   We will run as part of Group 3, so we have two qualifying sessions (one for each race) and a 25-minute race on Saturday, then a 30-minute race on Sunday.
•   There IS a test day on Friday conducted by the track (see the event Supps for more information).

The last time I went there I stayed in Corning NY, which has plenty of motel rooms and is about 30 minutes from the track.

Also pay attention to the times when Registration is open and access is allowed to the track - I've heard war stories about people getting to the track and not being allowed in because they had not signed the SCCA waiver and no track waiver was available.

As always, if you have questions let me know and I'll do my best to find the answers...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

cfgill

I like how someone ^^^^^^ :) got the V8RRS logo on the bottom of the sup's.
Chris Gill

millstreet

just got this email ;

The Fun One !         
2016 Edition  - Sept 16-18th
Watkins Glen International
Extended Track Time! 5 - 25 minute Sessions
It's Smoother! It's Faster! It's Back and It's more Fun than ever!
Racers, we missed the FUN ONE last year, but the new track and our extended track schedule will make this event better than ever. Enjoy the great Racing and Social activities at the track, and the incredible fall in the Finger Lakes. Let's wind up the season with a great Divisional Race and a Fun time!
Saturday Long and Sunday Short course Sprint Races! Two Full Races !   Reduced Entry Costs Under $400.00!
Friday Promoter extended time test sessions.      New records to be had with new pavement!
Special Formula Vee Challenge Event
A great social event In the Winners Circle Saturday night with "Covers Exposed"  -  a 9 piece classic rock band! Hots! BYOB! Grills to cook your cow!
Questions  ?  Call Chris at 595 330 5456 - Registration  open at Motorsportreg.com
For more information http://www.flr-scca.com/#!club-racing/fwdu3

looking forward to this one  ;)

Andy
04 GT2