News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Gerneral Info

Started by cfgill, November 24, 2015, 09:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfgill

This event will be run in conjunction with SOWDiv SCCA.

The date has been confirmed a Feb 27,28 with a track-sanctioned test day on Friday, Feb 26. This will be an SCCA Majors weekend, so all V8RRS cars will need to enter the event in a Runoffs-eligible class, then we'll track V8RRS points and awards separately. More details available soon...

Edited by admin (09/08/15 03:44 PM)
Chris Gill

cfgill

General info has been updated to reflect the confirmed dates. As an example of entering in a Runoffs-eligible class, all the GTA cars in the country are compliant (if not competitive) in GT2, so I will enter in GT2 yet run my car in GTA configuration (bias-ply tires) and compete for V8RRS awards against the other GTA cars (which are also entered in GT2). The car doesn't care what letter are on it's side!  cool

Butch Kummer

I've been told the Supps will be posted and the links activated on SCCA.com tomorrow (Feb 1), but registration for the NOLA Majors/V8RRS event has been open on MSR for over a week:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/voodoo-a-trois-majors-nola-motorsports-park-scca-southwest-division-sowdiv-950746#.Vq5NdrIrIdV

Things of note for the V8RRS crowd:
•   The Big Bore group is Group 6 - practice, qualify, and Race #1 on Saturday, another (optional) qualifier and Race #2 on Sunday.
•   There IS a track-sanctioned test day on Friday, Feb 26 (follow the link when you sign up on MSR).
•   Since this is a Majors event, anyone running for series GTA, GTSC, or SPO points needs to enter an appropriate SCCA class (GT1 or GT2).  SCCA will keep their points and we'll maintain the V8 points separately.
•   If you're running for V8 points as well as SCCA points, you can let me know beforehand (send me an email) or I'll get with you at the track.
•   All V8RRS drivers that enter the event prior to Feb 8 will automatically be eligible for $100 "Early Bird" refund - the winner will be drawn at random the Saturday of the event.  This would also make you eligible for a free SCCA entry drawing as well.

And it's also not too late to sign up for the Feb 13-14 Sebring V8RRS event!

As always, let me know if you have questions and I hope to see y'all at the track...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA

Butch Kummer

Just got this from Sydney Davis Yagel, the NOLA event chair:

= = = = = =

Good afternoon,

Thank you for registering for the Voodoo a Trois Majors at NOLA Motorsports Park on February 27-28, 2016. We are very much looking forward to another great event, and we are happy to have you a part of it.

Here is the latest round of updates:
•   We have moved T3 & STU to the Small Bore Closed Wheel group. This change has been reflected in the officials supps (link below).
•   The Voodoo a Trois Majors event page is up and running at SCCA.com. Click here to go straight there.
•   The supps are located here, and a printable schedule is here.
•   Test and tune registration is also available at: http://msreg.com/SCCA22616 ($100 discount code for those registered: SCCAMAJOR)

The following dates and time have been updated to reflect 2016's event (my apologies for having last year's info at the beginning of registration!).

Registration will be open during the following times:
•   Thursday, February 25: 3 PM to 7 PM
•   Friday, February 26: 7 AM to 7 PM
•   Saturday, February 27: 7 AM to 10 AM
•   Sunday. February 28: 7 AM to 9 AM

Parking will only be done at the following times:
•   Thursday, February 25: 3 PM to 10 PM
•   Friday, February 26: 7 AM to 10 PM
•   Saturday, February 27: 7 AM to 10 AM

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

See you at the track!

Sydney Davis
Voodoo a Trois Race Chair
davis.sydney@gmail.com
Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

Supps for NOLA are now posted:

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/012/270/NOLA16-supps.pdf?1454355813

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites last year and have rooms reserved there again, but from those Supps here's a list of places nearby to stay:

HOTEL & LOCAL INFORMATION: The following is a listing of hotels in the area:
* Baymont Inn & Suites: SCCA Rate- $89 King (6589 Westbank Expressway, Westwego, LA 70072, 504-309-5700)
* Suburban Extended Stay: SCCA Rate- $99 (3051 Old US Hwy 90, Avondale LA 70094, 504-324-4900, 3 miles from track)
* Candlewood Suites: SCCA Rate- $119 (3079 Old US Hwy 90, Avondale LA 70094, 504-875-3500, 3 miles from track)
* Best Western Bayou Inn (Westwego LA 70094, 504-304-7980)
* Express Inn & Suites (Westwego LA 70094, 504-301-1969)
* Quality Inn & Suites (3750 West Bank Expwy, Harvey LA 70058, 504-366-2361)
* Comfort Inn (6751 West Bank Expressway, Marrero LA, 504-267-0701)
* TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie (5424 Citrus Blvd, Harahan, LA 70123, 504-818-2400)
* Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Elmwood (5150 Mounes St, Harahan, LA 70123, 504-733-5646)

As far as food, there are too many good places to eat in New Orleans to list them all.  :)
Butch Kummer

vern smith

Below is a link to a detailed map in .pdf format of the entire complex. I've also attached a picture of the track itself. As soon as I get information on the location of the V8RRS designated area in the paddock I will pass it on.

http://whiteroseeng.com/Av8rrs/NOLA track map.pdf

The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there is no difference but in practice there is.