News:

The current V8RRS points standings are posted.

Registration is Open for CMS

Started by Butch Kummer, July 15, 2016, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Kummer

Just got this from the event organizers:

= = = =

Registration is now open for this years Daylight Into Dark at Charlotte Motor Speedway.  The weekend has something for everyone.

Here is  link to  CCR Daylight into Dark SARRC/SECS/CCPS/ECR:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2016-daylight-into-dark-secs-sarrc-ecr-ccps-charlotte-lowes-motorspeedway-441525

And link to CCR Daylight into Dark TT/PDX:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2016-daylight-into-dark-time-trial-pdx-charlotte-lowes-motorspeedway-scca-660675

Friday we have a test day followed by a Time Trial and PDX running into the evening Friday.

We are also joined by the first SCCA Targa event that will be running an AX at Z-Max Dragway in the morning, and joining our PDX for the afternoon. We will most likely run a test and tune at Z-Max in the afternoon for those that want to test your AX ride.

We have Double SARRC sprint Races, Double SECS Runoffs qualifiers, Double Carolina Cup Pro Series 45 minute Enduro's, and a 1.5 hour ECR run Saturday night under full speedway lighting. The infield section was repaved last year and now has all new curbing as well. We have added additional light towers through the infield section to further help visibility for everyone. We finish Sunday with the second CCPS race after lunch and Sunday SARRC/SECS races. We are usually done racing by 4:00pm so you can get on the road.

Saturday we take a  break before we start the night racing (around 5:00pm) and feed everyone dinner. All drivers and crew invited.

Speedway will be open Thursday by 5:00pm for parking for test day.

Garages are available for the weekend for $100 and all have power.  Every garage has an assigned parking space big enough for a tractor trailer outside and are marked with your stall number.  Map is on the registration site. 

We do not accept, nor do we want your payment until you show up at registration so there is no reason to wait until the last minute to register.  Please if you plan on going enter so we can purchase enough food for everyone.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

= = = = =

Links to the Supps and Schedules are on MSR, but of particular interest to the V8RRS crowd:

* The track is open from 5-8 Thursday evening and there IS a test day on Friday.

* CCR has reserved ten of the Cup garages for V8RRS. If you want one of those ($100 for the weekend), contact vickieckerich@att.net

* Saturday we'll have a 20-minute qualifying session, a 16 lap race, an optional(?) 15-minute qualifier, then a 25-lap race at dusk. We are then done for the weekend!

* I've asked that those not wanting to do the second qualifier can opt to be gridded for Race #2 based on their fastest lap in either prior session, but that is not in the Supps (hence the "?" in the previous line). I should get clarification on that soon.

I also just got word that my engine should be ready in plenty of time to install it before that weekend, so I hope to see many of you there!

As always, let me know if you have any questions...
Butch Kummer
V8RRS Director of Competition, 2016-2021
Associate Pastor, First Church of GTA